Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Beautiful 1930s Wedding Lace

As a somewhat recent bride, (my vintage themed wedding was in October of 2014) I can tell you that finding just the right dress is both exciting and terribly frustrating. I searched and searched, didn't like or couldn't afford anything I found. I finally gave up and decided to make my own wedding dress.

Over the last couple of weeks I've been chatting with a lovely bride-to-be about finding a dress for her up coming wedding. She had posted on a vintage buy/sell Facebook page that she was searching for a dress but was having trouble finding exactly what she wanted. I showed her some of the dresses I had and she fell in love with this lace beauty. I'm exited to be able to provide her with her dream dress!

This is a late 1930s or early 1940s lace piece that I've had in my vintage collection for a couple years now. I actually considered wearing it for my own wedding but the fit wasn't right for me plus I wanted a longer train! This was has a little sweep train and is really sweet.



The bride plans to make a few alterations and repairs. I can't wait to see how it turns out!


Congratulations and best wishes to Kayce!!

In case any other brides are searching for a vintage dress, I do have a couple 1940s satin wedding dresses on Etsy, plus one more that I have not listed yet. Also, everything is currently 20% off until April 1st with the code "SPRINGTIME."


1 comment:

  1. Mmm, lovely dress! It's nice when modern brides choose classic looks. :)

    Best,
    Quinn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...