Thursday, October 10, 2013

Wedding! One Year from Today!!

I'm getting married in exactly one year from today. Now that's a scary thought! So how's my planning going you ask? Well, it's going.... Our date is set and venue booked so those are two big things checked off our list! I'm working on arranging a block of rooms for my guests and bouncing between ideas for flowers and other decor. Cori has a suit and a formal tux, both vintage, to choose from. Thank goodness he's all set! Cori's father will preform the ceremony and a good friend of ours will be our photographer. I still have no idea what I'm going to do about my dress or dresses for the bridesmaids. The plan is to have the girls in 1940s style dresses but I don't want them to look like your standard off the rack bridesmaids dresses.

As for my dress .... well, back in the spring I visited two different shops and tried on a couple different dresses. I've looked at TONS of dresses online but feel very uninspired and frustrated by cost. I discovered the perfect vintage dress online but it was waaaay out of my price range. Fortunately someone else has already bought it, at least it was marked reserved last time I checked. So no need to cry, it wasn't "the one" and it's gone so move on! It may sound silly but I just can't justify spend several hundred dollars or more on something I will only wear once. I have a better idea of what I don't want then what I do. Fortunately there's still plenty of time. I'm still thinking about making something so I've giving myself a deadline this winter to make up my mind. That way I will have enough time to either sew or order a dress.

Did I mention that our wedding is going to be a vintage theme? 1930s/1940s to be exact. The venue is a beautiful historic house with formal gardens. The carriage barn has been restored and will be the location for the reception. I don't want to give away too many details as I want most everything to be a big surprise. I know, what a tease. But I don't want to leave you empty handed so I will share some of the images I've been saving as inspiration. Be sure to check out my albums on Pinterest for more vintage wedding dresses and vintage wedding ideas!
Soup served in pretty tea cups
Via
White & Ivory  Vintage Wedding Bunting / by HomegrownHandmade, $69.99
Via


Sooo pretty with the lace sewn on the burlap!!
Via
Thought of this idea, displaying on dress forms is much better
Via
silhouette wedding cake toppers
Via

Vintage School themed wedding  |  frenzel photographers
Via

 
images Via

c. 1930's The Liberty Shop, New Orleans, LA Magnificent Satin Rhinestone and Beaded Trained Gown with Original Matching Belt
1930s vintage wedding dress
Via
Vintage Textile.com
See, I told you today's post would be more fun then yesterday's! ;)

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I look forward to more teaser posts, and of course the final photos. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful news.

    If you're at all interested in vintage patterns, there's a new repro wedding dress pattern that's just become available
    http://www.thetailorsapprentice.com/index.php/patterns/category/1940s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ista! I will check it out.
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting!!! Very eagerly anticipating updates! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...