Saturday, July 6, 2013

Du Barry Pattern Catalog - 1939

Today I'd like to share another pattern catalog with you. This one sold on Ebay a while back. I didn't buy it, just saved the lovely pictures. :) This Prevue Du Barry Fashions catalog is from January 1939. The Simplicity Pattern Company began manufacturing Du Barry patterns in 1931. For a time they were sold exclusively at Woolworth Company Stores. You can read more about Du Barry patterns and how to date them here.

I have used Du Barry patterns before and really like them. The blue linen dress I made last summer for my scenic train ride was Du Barry 2413B. Like Simplicity patterns, they are pretty easy to use.

I love the black and yellow number on the cover. And the hats, want!!

Source - Ebay
 Cute dresses and overalls for kids!

Source - Ebay

Source - Ebay
Flirtatious Little Frocks! Or so the caption on this page says. The blue floral dress is really charming as is the black and yellow jumper set. Which would you want?

Source - Ebay
That's all for now! Hope you enjoy. :)

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...