Monday, July 30, 2012

1930s Butterick Sewing Patterns

I couldn't help myself. I've acquired a few more vintage patterns to add to my stash. The first three are Butterick patterns from the 1930s. The last one is a 1920s Pictorial Review Pattern by Pictograf.

Can't wait to use these! Does anyone have fabric and/or color suggestions?

For Butterick pattern 8491, I'm thinking crepe or a linen/rayon blend. Something with a bit of body that will drape nicely. I love the diamond-shaped insert and gathered detail on the bodice of this dress. There is a very similar dress in the collections of my local historical society made from a stunning raspberry/maroon crepe that I've always wanted to copy. Actually that dress, because of its color and wonderful details, was one of the items I chose to showcase in the vintage fashion show I organized last summer. You can see some of the pictures from that show on the Springfield Art and Historical Society's blog

Butterick pattern 8491
Butterick pattern 8491
This one with short sleeves would be a great dress for summer. Very sporty! White with colored buttons perhaps?
Butterick pattern 6398
Butterick pattern 6398
I wasn't really sure about this pattern at first. I thought the gathering on the bodice of view A was a little odd, and still do, but it's growing on me. Love the sleeve options for this pattern.

Butterick pattern 6617
Butterick pattern 6617
Every vintage pattern collection should have at least one 1920s pattern right? Not sure if and when I'll use it, but it looks pretty simple. I'm guessing this pattern is early 1920s as the skirt length is fairly long.

Pictoral Review Pattern 2102

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...